Delhi NCR that is National Capital Region which is the name given to the metropolitan area of Delhi. The neighboring areas and towns which include Faridabad, Gurgaon, Bahadurgarh, Noida and Ghaziabad come under the Delhi NCR region.
NCR was established to reduce the population pressure on Delhi and to develop the areas around Delhi. Most of these areas earlier were small towns and villages and now have been transformed into places having world class shopping malls.
- Gurgaon is the capital of National Capital Region (NCR).
- It is one of the most rapidly growing colonnades.
- It is the emerging hub for IT industries and new age businesses. Its main advantage is its nearness to the international and domestic airports and even to New Delhi.
- The Gurgaon district of Haryana has several places of tourist interest like the Sultanpur Bird Sanctuary, Damdama Lake and Shama.
- Gurgaon is a corporate hub and has India’s largest car maker Maruti Udyog’s manufacturing plant in its region.
- The railway station is located about 3kms from the main old Gurgaon city.
- The Delhi bus terminal is at a distance of 30 kms from Gurgaon.
- Gurgaon is 10 kms from The Indira Gandhi International Airport.
- Noida has an integrated township with facilities for all that is industrial, commercial and residential.
- It is located on the left bank of the river Yamuna. It is equidistant from Delhi and Ghaziabad. It was established in 1970.
- Greater Noida Township is being constructed on the outskirts of Noida to cater to the population increase in the region.
- It is located at a distance of about 45 minutes from New Delhi Railway station and about 30 minutes from Nizamuddin railway station.
- It takes about one and half hour from Indira Gandhi International Airport to reach Noida.
- Faridabad is a popular area in the region of Delhi NCR.
- The place was named after Sheikh Farid, a Jehangir treasurer and was founded in 1607 AD.
- The best place to visit is Badhkal lake, 32 kms from Delhi.
- Other places of tourist interest are Badkhal Lake tourist complex, Suraj Kund Tourist Complex, Arravali Golf Club, Raja Nahar Singh Palace and Dabchick.
- Approximately 30 kms from Indira Gandhi International Airport.
- State run buses, taxis, autorikshaws, local trains, private buses connect Faridabad with Delhi.
- It is located on the Grand Trunk road towards east of New Delhi.
- It is about 19 kms from New Delhi.
- Salawat Jung founded the city and had named it Ghaziuddinnagar.Today Ghaziabad was established in 1976.
- Goods produced in Ghaziabad are mostly marketed in Delhi.
- The major tourist attraction is Garhmukteshwar.
- The major industries here are mainly manufacturing and processing industries for computer assembly, electroplating, vegetable oil, tapestries, railway coaches, diesel engines, heavy chains, glassware, pottery, paint and varnish.
- It is located about 25 minutes from New Delhi railway station and about 30 minutes from Nizamuddin railway station.
- It takes an hour to reach Ghaziabad from the Indira Gandhi International Airport.
- It is located outside Delhi and falls under Delhi NCR.It is about 29 kms away from Delhi.
- Bahadurgarh was earlier known as Sharafabad and was founded by Rathi Jats.
- It is one of the most important industrial areas. Number of industries are located here give employment to various people. The industries located here are small scale and are mainly producing machines and machine parts.
- It houses various educational institutes.
- Bahadurgarh is 29 km. (approx.) from Delhi.