This fort was built in a horse shoe cavity in the Aravalli hills in the 15th Century and served as a home to the direct descendants of Prithviraj Chauhan III. Today this fort is one of the best heritage hotels of Rajasthan but which has been least marketed.
This fort covers an area of 25 acres and its construction rises to about 10 levels to provide a splendid view of the nearby environs. Another specialty is that its construction is such that most of the rooms have private balconies or terraces. In some instances even the loos have been designed to offer a view of the surrounding hillside!!!
This beautiful heritage resort has 42 well furnished rooms which have interesting names such as Barsat Mahal, Hawa Mahal, Sheesh Mahal, Mata Mahal and Surya Mahal. All these have an interesting story around which the name evolved!
Other rooms at these fort are Deva Mahal, Francisi Mahal, Manak Mahal, Aman Vilas etc.. , All the rooms have a mix of antique objects and Indian as well as colonial furniture.
- Panch Mahal – An in house restaurant that offers Rajasthani as well as Continental cuisines.
- An eleven storey stepwell which is an architectural marvel complete with arched passages is located very close to this fort.
- Facility for indoor games such as carom, chess and playing cards.
- Facility for holding treasure hunt.
- Holistic treatments such as Ayurvedic treatments, massages and other rejuvenating programmes are also offered.
- Library for book reading.
- Jacuzzi, spa and swimming pool facilities.
- Guided tour of the fort as well as the stepwell.
- Free meditation and yoga classes.
- Camel cart rides.
- Trek to watchtowers of the fort.
- A vista pool at the horizon of the fort.
By Air: The nearest international airport is at Delhi which is 100 kms away.
By Road: This fort is 122 kms from New Delhi on the Delhi – Jaipur highway.